Hands on (and Highly Skilled)
Are you most interested in hands on, practical or technical work? But not sure which occupation is for you?
Hands On gives you a range of job options to explore in trades and technical industry areas. The seven industry areas are:
- Building and construction;
- Electrical, electrical supply & electronics;
- Motor and engineering trades;
- Agriculture and horticulture;
- Creative industries;
- Food, hospitality and tourism
- Mining and resources
Using Hands On
Choose your options by checking out which jobs and activities are of greatest interest to you.
The Hands On program will help you to make connections between the skills and activities you like using, or want to learn, and the job of interest to you. This program will take 10-15 minutes to complete, and you receive a report that ranks your preferred areas, as you have chosen them.
What do I do with my results?
- View the occupational profile or video of your preferred jobs right now.
- Save your results to
My career ideas and return to the site to continue working on your career planning.
Talk to a career practitioner about your options.
- Continue your own research about the jobs involved.
To find out more about the learning and on the job training involved in apprenticeships and traineeships go to: