The information collected by the Western Australian Department of Training and Workforce Development is dependant upon the actions undertaken when visiting the website.
This privacy statement applies to personal and other information collected on the Career Centre website www.careercentre.dtwd.wa.gov.au
Collection of personal information
We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
· when you complete forms on this website (including surveys, search forms, competition entry forms, registration forms, and other forms);
· when you create, modify, or use any accounts or registered user facilities available through this website;
· in the course of receiving questions, comments or other communications from you; and
· as you navigate through this website, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your active participation)
using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection.
Information collected may include server addresses, top-level domain names, dates and times of visits to the website, pages accessed and
documents downloaded, previous websites visited and the type of browser used;
Use of your information
The personal information we collect will be used to operate this website, to assist you with your career planning, to provide you with services that you have authorised and requested, and to provide you with advice and information that we consider may assist you. We may also use personal information collected by us to:
· respond to any questions or correspondence from you;
· improve this website and any related services;
· carry out internal research and development;
· provide you with information about a service that you are using (including critical updates and announcements);
· eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
· customise this website to suit your particular preferences and interests;
· where you create a message using this website (for the purpose of sending that message to us, or to any other recipient specified by you),
send that message;
· analyse website usage, trends and statistics;
· with your permission, supply you with further information concerning products and services that we consider to be of interest to you; or
· carry out any other use that is authorised by you or is notified to you at the time of collection.
· we have give you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
· we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights or property of the Department (including, without
limitation, employees or contractors the Department), to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the
rights, property and safety of you, us, or others;
· we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national
security in the performance or their functions;
· we are required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Confidentiality and security of information you supply
We will take every reasonable precaution to ensure your personal information is stored securely and cannot be accessed by others. However, you should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of personal information across the Internet.
Access to users’ personal information
You are entitled to access, request or correct the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting the Career Centre as follows:
Please write to:
The Career Centre
DTWD - Customer Service Centre
Level 7, 3 Forrest Place
Perth WA 6000
Account security – your responsibilities
As a part of registration we will provide you with a username and password. You are responsible for:
· keeping your username and password confidential;
· protecting and securing your username and password from unauthorised access and use;
· protecting your computing environment from unauthorised access, viruses, and malicious software.
Site Visit Data
The Western Australian Department of Training and Workforce Development records each visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
the user's server address
the user's top-level domain name (eg .gov, .com, .au, .nz etc)
the type of browser used to access the site
the date and time the user accessed the site
the pages accessed and the files downloaded
the referring website
This information assists the Western Australian Department of Training and Workforce Development to understand how the website is used and helps to keep improving information quality.
The Western Australian Department of Training and Workforce Development will make no attempt to identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law.
Email Management - Collection of Personal Information
Your email will be used for the purpose for which yuo have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list, unless explicitly stated. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and will not be disclosed, without your consent.
If you are asked for any other Personal Information than that stated here you will be informed how it will be used if you choose to give it.